This week (Sept 20-26) is the 13th Annual Sea Otter Awareness Week! It’s held every year during the last week in September as an “annual recognition of the vital role that sea otters play in the nearshore ecosystem”.
And check out some of these resources to learn more about sea otters:
- Sea Otter Facts
- Raising Sea Otter Pups Is No Easy Chore
- Sea Otters Aren’t Just Cute – They’re Great for Seagrass Meadows
- Re-Introduction of Sea Otters Going Too Well, Some Say
- Sea Otters Help Reduce Atmospheric CO2
- Seattle Aquarium trains otter to use inhaler for her asthma
- And don’t forget to watch Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Sea Otter Cam!
Copyright © 2015 by Marine Science Today, a publication of Marine Science Today LLC.