Today, June 8, is World Oceans Day! It is a day for everyone around the world to celebrate and honor the oceans that we all rely on.
The ocean gives us food and oxygen, regulates our climate, and even relaxes us. So today, check out some of these videos and articles about our amazing water planet.
- Find out why the ocean makes us relax. And check this article out to learn more: Quantifying the Benefits People Gain from Marine Ecosystems.
- Read about some endangered ocean creatures that you don’t hear about every day: Endangered Ocean Creatures Beyond the Cute and Cuddly.
- Find out why conservation needs emotion.
- Check out these amazing photos of luminous sea creatures.
- Read what Secretary of State John Kerry has to say about World Oceans Day.
- Watch TEDWeekends: What You Don’t Know About Life at the Bottom of the Ocean
And just for fun, check out the “strangest square mile” in the sea:
Copyright © 2013 by Marine Science Today, a publication of Marine Science Today LLC.